Skip to main content

My Lip Filler Journey

Here it is as promised - my lip filler journey / experience.

Lip fillers are something I’ve always been in 2 minds about. One week I’m thinking Yes! I’m doing it and researching the best practitioners etc and then by the following week I’m having doubts - what if it goes wrong? What if I hate it? What if it ruins my face forever? And so on.

So when a good friend of mine embarked on a training course to learn all things beauty including fillers and aesthetics I knew this would fall into my comfort and I would get to finally try it out whilst also supporting my friend.

I’m notorious for researching things excessively so I pretty much had in my mind what I wanted to get from the fillers - I wanted as natural as possible, keeping the same shape as my natural lips but just a bit fuller. I specifically didn’t want the ‘duck face’ look and I wanted upper and lower lips to be balanced! My main decision to be made was whether To have 0.5ml or 1ml. On the advice of my friend and from my extensive research I decided on 1ml and was reassured that this is a procedure that can be reversed (dissolved) if the worst came to the worst!

The run up to my appointment day I was growing increasingly nervous which is quite unlike me these days , however there nothing for me to be nervous about I since realise. On the day of the appointment there would be my friend who would be performing the injection. Her experienced trainer to guide her and a doctor overseeing. So I actually couldn’t of been in better hands! First you apply numbing cream whilst you are waiting (I was still nervous at this point!) once this has fully taken affect I took my place on the treatment bed and explained what sort of look / result I was after and was again reassured that if I hated it they will dissolve them for me.

1ml lip filler Before and After
before (below) and after
(arrows are pointing to bruising sites)
The injections themselves were a weird sensation due to the numbing cream, now I’m going to lie to you it does hurt, but it is definitely not an unbearable pain and it is not the type of pain that makes you flinch. (I did have nightmare visions of me flinching and the injection ending up in my nose or chin! Luckily I doubt this has ever happened!)
The strangest sensation was that I could feel the product going into my lip from the inside but each step of the process was explained so I knew where I would feel this next and they were even so lovely to tell me which areas may be slightly more painful then others.

lip filler day one swelling, lip filler bruising
swollen and bruising at injection site
The main thing to remember is your lips WILL BE SWOLLEN after the procedure and sometimes shockingly so! But I can’t stress enough that when the swelling goes down the results will be so different and I’m sure most people love them! I was taking Arnica tablets for the week prior to my injections which is a Natural herbal aid said to help reduce bruising , this is one of those things where it’s impossible to know if it helped or not as I have nothing to compare with but my bruising WAS minimal although of course
everybody’s skin will vary. I would recommend the Arnica tablets even as a peace of mind.

lip filler swelling, day after lip filler
very swollen!
The morning after the injections my lips were the most swollen and were sore. I would say by day 4 pretty much most of the swelling had gone down and this was when I really started enjoying them and also the joy of using lipstick without feeling like I needed to overline my lips!

I now totally love how they look and they are exactly what I wanted, so natural. Lip fillers have had a lot of negative press which is a shame because done correctly and responsibly it’s an amazing confidence boost. Whenever applying lipstick before I would always without fail overline my lips to balance out my face - I no longer need to.

1ml lip filler results, natural lip filler
less swelling
and with lipstick
1ml lip filler results, natural lip filler
my favourite side view
I also feel a lot less conscious about having zero makeup on which personally I
feel is quite priceless and in general I feel my lips are more balanced with my face.

So if you’re like me and considering lip fillers but in 2 minds I hope this has helped you and of course I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. The main advice I would have is to do your research and know exactly what you want and choose your practitioner wisely, somebody you trust, somebody with experience and correct training and most importantly do it for the right reasons , for YOURSELF and don’t let others opinions influence you as this is a topic that can seem to evoke strong opinions but at the end of the day you are still the same person inside even with lip fillers (maybe even a slightly more confident one) and who can argue with that!

Love, Kim xxx

Instagram of Aesthetic Practitioner: https://www.instagram.com/beautyspotbydani/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Natal Depression - A Journey - Part 2

I have again left a big gap between part 1 of this and part 2 but hey ho, all in good time ! Picking up from where part 1 left off ( part1 ) I want to explore more of the things that helped me in a major way and hopefully this could help someone feeling similar or give some ideas to help or even just spark a bit of hope in someone who is feeling hopeless (I know this feeling oh to well, you’re not alone)  Counselling -  There are many different types of counselling and it really is an individual thing/choice as to which is most suitable for you. I had one to one counselling based on CBT which I believe the basis is to help you be able retrain your brain to manage and control the unwelcome thoughts. I was so nervous at first and was still having all the negative and unworthy thoughts about attending but i ending up really looking forward to my sessions. One of the most challenging but most rewarding parts is the ‘homework’, for example my therapist would set tasks that I would have to

Slimming World and Vegan Cheese Review

The Slimming World Plan is a diet (lifestyle) plan that I have done before, and I did have some success, I lost half a stone, but this was during a not so good phase in my life so I didn't stick to it as long term as I should! Since then I have been on and off with it or saying that I am doing it but not being 100% committed. Or flitting between other silly fad diets! But since January this year I have been fully committed to the Slimming World Plan, of course I have had a fair few days where I have been off plan but this is ok, and one of the main principles of Slimming World is not build up an issue with food where you are punishing yourself for enjoying a treat or feeling negative about going off plan and then spiraling into more days of unhealthy eating! Since January I have lost 3kg which I am really pleased about but I do still have about another 6kg to lose. I have been a vegetarian for over 10 years now and at the beginning of last year I tried going Vegan, the part of